Cure-IT Electronics will take all reasonable steps to use and disclose your personal information only in terms of this policy.
- “direct marketing” means any direct communication between Cure-IT Electronics and you for the purpose of goods and service information, marketing goods or services, customer profile building, and personal customer care;
- “information” means any information, including personal information that you provide to Cure-IT Electronics;
- “interactive sections” means all sections of the website which allow you to communicate via the website with other visitors of the website or with Cure-IT Electronics, including but not limited to forums, clubs, surveys, feedback forms, clubs, and e-mails;
- “personal information” means any information by which you can be personally identified, and includes, without limitation, your name, surname, address, (mobile) telephone number, e-mail address, age, birth date, gender, profession, product data and details, product preference, product satisfaction, language;
- “we” or “us” or “Cure-IT Electronic” means trading under Cure-IT Electronics, Cape Town.
- “website” means www.cure-it.co.za;
- “Social media” means any social media platform, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- “You” or “user” means any person who accesses or uses the website.
ACTIVE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The website actively collects personal information from users by asking users specific questions and by allowing users to communicate directly with Cure-IT Electronics through the interactive sections of the website. When you register for any service or benefit or if you register to participate in a particular activity (like a competition or other promotion), we may require that you provide personal information to us. In these situations, Cure-IT Electronics will ask the user for particular information and inform the user at each information point what information is mandatory and what information is optional.
PASSIVE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Consent to collection, use, and storage of user’s personal information You agree that Cure-IT Electronics may collect, use and store your personal information to:
- establish and verify your identity;
- maintain and update Cure-IT Electronics’s customer, or potential customer databases;
- greet you when you access the website; send you direct marketing material from which you will be able to opt out or unsubscribe;
- provide you with value-added services like specialized services and knowledgeable staff, free advice, technical call center, peace of mind supplier backed warranties as well as special corporate deals;
- send you messages about the website, your account, the goods and services we offer;
- communicate with you in general;
- customize the website to users’ preferences;
- inform you of facts relating to your website access and use;
- improve the content of the website or any of our services;
- installation, guarantee, extended warranties, customer care, and product reviews;
- inform you about Cure-IT Electronics’s goods and services, including information particularly aimed at a specific user;
- inform you about competitions, promotions and special offers from Cure-IT Electronics;
- do marketing and product research for Cure-IT Electronics;
- provide you with targeted advertising when you access the website. Disclosure of user’s personal information Cure-IT Electronics will not sell or distribute personal information or share or disclose personal information except as provided for in this policy. You agree that Cure-IT Electronics may disclose your personal information to Cure-IT Electronics’s affiliates;
- Employees or third parties contracted or employed by Cure-IT Electronics to provide services for or to Cure-IT Electronics, including, for example, website hosting and development, technical support, financial services like credit or other payment processing, delivery services, and other support services. These companies require access to users’ personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes and Cure-IT Electronics will take all reasonable steps to enter into confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements with the relevant service providers;
- Any third party to investigate or resolve complaints, including abuse complaints;
- Any third party who acquires all, or substantially all, of the assets or shares in Cure-IT Electronics, any of Cure-IT Electronics’s affiliates, and/or the Cure-IT Electronics website, whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise;
Governmental agencies, exchanges, and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if Cure-IT Electronics is required to do so by law or if Cure-IT Electronics believes that this is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with any legal process;
- protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Cure-IT Electronics, its affiliates or their customers;
- prevent or deal with fraud or the abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of the website;
- protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, Cure-IT Electronics will proactively disclose this information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities).
- You agree that Cure-IT Electronics may use your personal information to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may trade with these profiles and statistical data, provided that the third party will not be able to link the profiles or statistical data to the user.
- You may update or correct your personal information to ensure it is accurate, current, and complete, by e-mailing Cure-IT Electronics Head office at email@example.com.
- Cure-IT Electronics will take reasonable steps to correct or update such information as soon as possible.
- Where a user requires Cure-IT Electronics to delete information from the live database, the user agrees that the information may still be retained in backups or archives.
Cure-IT Electronics may monitor, intercept, read, block, or delete communication over its information systems.
Cure-IT Electronics takes reasonable steps to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems with reference to accepted technological standards to secure all information under its control.
USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS
You acknowledge that Internet communications and transactions are not 100% secure or error-free. In particular, information may not be secure in transit from the user to the website. Moreover, where the user provides particularly sensitive personal information like passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is the user’s responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of it and to safeguard them.
The website is not targeted at children under the age of thirteen and Cure-IT Electronics will not knowingly collect information from users in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about the use of the Internet and the information they disclose to websites.
Unauthorized use of information systems may be a violation of the law, including the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 and the agreement between you and Cure-IT Electronics. A violation may result in civil and criminal penalties.
QUERIES AND COMPLAINTS
RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
- The arbitration proceedings must be conducted in Johannesburg in English.
- The arbitration ruling will be final and the unsuccessful party will pay the costs of the successful party on an attorney and own client scale.